In October 2018, we submitted a survey to our members in order to find out more about them, and determine what their needs were going forward. Approximately 50% of our members filled in the electronic survey and the results have given us some good direction for the coming year at ODPG.
– The two main reasons our members are organic are environmental and market opportunities.
– The top two reasons people join ODPG are for networking with like-minded farmers and for support and resources. This was reaffirmed by the question ‘what have been the most valuable aspects of membership’.
– The most pressing issues are currently:
- Grazing management
- Animal health
- Pasture and seeding mixes
– Moving forward, members would like us to provide:
- Access to written material
- Action to influence political change
- Activism to promote organic / regenerative agriculture
- Information on grazing cover crops
- More about basic principles and practices
– 55% of member expectations had been met. For 44%, expectations had been met in some ways. We hope to improve on this statistic in 2019.
– 91% of members believed they getting value for the ODPG Membership, and we received some encouraging feedback.
– 51 out of 54 members found value in the ODPG workshops they attended.
And we also received some great comments and suggestions which will help us shape the future of ODPG.